Grangeville Christian Church came into being in August of 1901 as a result of a Gospel Tent Meeting led by evangelists from Oakland, Oregon.
The first building to house the congregation was constructed in 1908 and located at the corner of State and North 3rd Streets. As the congregation grew the building was moved (1938) to its present location and remodeling and new construction undertaken over the years.
At present, the congregation numbers about 250 members and occupies a debt-free multi-use facility.
Grangeville Christian Church is a Bible-based, congregationally-governed, elder-led body connected with the historic Stone-Campbell Restoration movement of the early 19th century.
Our purpose is to carry out the Great Commission as stated by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20, which involves the proclamation of the saving Gospel, providing opportunities for the spiritual growth of believers, giving pastoral care to members, and blessing the community as a whole.